Many individuals nowadays can hardly remember the time before mobile phones. Mobile phones have a tremendous influence on people’s daily routines since they allow us to stay connected with families, coworkers, and acquaintances regardless of their location. Because of their ubiquitous usage in contemporary culture, mobile phones have grown in popularity. As a result, they merit investigation and debate. Water damage to cell phones is a prevalent issue. There are different solutions to this issue.
Causes and Types of Mobile Phone Water Damage
Numerous events, including unintentional drops, spills, and moisture exposure, can result in water damage. For example, water damage can occur if the phone is dropped into a bathtub or pool, left outside in the rain, or when liquids are accidentally spilt on them. In addition, broken buttons, sluggish screens, and battery problems are potential outcomes of water damage to an iPhone’s internal components.
Two primary types of water damage can occur: visible and invisible. Visible water damage is easy to spot and occurs when the phone has been submerged in water for an extended period. In contrast, when the phone is exposed to moisture, unseen water damage can happen, causing corrosion and other problems that might not be immediately apparent. Either way, there are several things you can do before looking for a phone repair in Singapore.
Handling a Wet Phone in Singapore: What to Do
After your phone has been exposed to moisture, you should immediately take the following precautions:
- If your phone becomes wet, turn it off and let it dry completely. This guarantees that the phone’s components do not deteriorate over time.
- If you wish to safeguard your phone from a short circuit, remove the battery.
- Wipe off as much water as possible with a soft, absorbent towel to rapidly and efficiently dry your phone. Exposure to heat from a hairdryer or other sources might harm the phone’s internal components.
- Let the phone dry. The best place for the phone to dry is in a warm, dry place for at least 24 to 48 hours.
Dos and Don’ts for Handling Wet Phones Before Replacement Service
When handling a wet phone, there are some dos and don’ts that you should keep in mind to prevent further damage:
- Turn off the phone immediately
- Remove the battery (if possible)
- Dry the phone with a soft, absorbent cloth
- Leave the phone to dry for at least 24-48 hours
- Don’t use a hairdryer or other heat sources to dry the phone
- Don’t shake or blow on the phone
- Don’t plug in the phone to charge it
- Don’t try to turn on the phone until it’s completely dry
Signs of Water Damage That Calls For Repair in Singapore
If your phone gets wet, don’t assume it’s alright just because it keeps operating. There may be hidden harm. The following are warning indicators of water damage:
- Dim or flickering screen
- Unresponsive buttons or touchscreen
- Poor battery life
- Strange noises or static on phone calls
- Corrosion or rust on the phone’s components
If you notice any of these signs, it’s essential to get your phone checked by a professional as soon as possible.
Can Water Damage Be Repaired?
The good news is that water damage can be repaired in most cases. Phone repair options vary depending on the severity of the damage’ section:
Water damage can only sometimes be immediately obvious. For example, damage to your phone may not immediately make it worthless, but it can cause more issues down the line. Have a professional look at your phone if you think it may have been immersed in water, even if it appears alright at first.
What to Do if Your iPhone or Samsung Android Phone Gets Wet
There are actions you can do to reduce harm if your phone gets wet:
Switch off your phone first to prevent any electrical shorts. This may reduce the risk of long-term injury.
If it is possible, remove the battery. If you can, remove the battery. This will lessen the possibility of short circuits by preventing electricity from passing through the gadget.
Your phone should be as thoroughly dried with a soft towel. Use of heat or compressed air should be avoided since they might harm your device’s internal parts.
You may speed up the process by placing your phone in a rice bag, which will absorb any extra moisture. Place your phone in a sealed bag of uncooked rice for at least 24 hours.
If the steps above don’t work, you may need to get your phone fixed by an expert. You have the best chance of saving your gadget with their help because of their skill in detecting and repairing damage.
Preventing Water Damage To Save You From Mobile Phone Repair
Although it is hard to forecast when water damage may occur, you can safeguard your device by taking steps. If you’re concerned about getting your phone wet, here are several alternatives to consider:
- Use a waterproof case: If you often use your phone in wet locations, such as the beach or pool, you might consider purchasing a waterproof case.
- Keep your phone away from water at all times: If it does get wet, it should be dried as quickly as possible. Avoid using your phone in moist environments, even when driving.
- Always use heightened caution when approaching water: Keep it away from the water as much as you can, whether you’re crossing a bridge or carrying your water in the same bag as your phone.
- Maintain appropriate phone storage: Place your phone in a dry, cool location while not in use. Don’t leave it in a hot, humid area like a vehicle or your pocket.
- Consider getting a water-resistant phone: If you are constantly exposed to dampness or water, consider purchasing a water-resistant phone. Several modern cell phones are made to survive being submerged in water for individuals who want further protection.
Choosing a Professional Phone Repair Service & Technician
If it has water damage, bring your phone to a reputable phone repair shop in Singapore like CitriMobile, immediately. While there may be internet resources for DIY phone repairs, doing it yourself frequently results in more harm than good.
It is essential to conduct research before selecting a repair centre in Singapore and to pick a reliable, knowledgeable business. Check out the evaluations and endorsements left by former clients, and get referrals from friends or family who have had their phones fixed.
Fix Your Phone With The Best Phone Repair in Singapore
When left unattended, water damage is a frequent issue that may seriously harm your phone. The actions described above can reduce the possibility of long-term harm and improve your chances of saving your device. Protect your phone against water damage because prevention is always preferable to treatment.
Visit CitriMobile if your phone has water damage or additional problems, such as:
- Cracked screen
- iPhone repair for motherboard
- iPad LCD repair
- MacBook device repair
- Apple Watch charging port repair
- And more.
At Citri Mobile, all major phone brands, including Apple, Samsung, and more, are covered by our expert technicians. Your smartphone will be promptly and effectively diagnosed and repaired by our team, allowing you to resume using your phone as soon as possible. Call us right away to arrange the best mobile phone repair.